Other Useful websites – Scottish ADHD Coalition, ADDitude, ADDISS, Understood, Living with ADHD, ADHD Foundation

Parent Training Programme

  • We do 123 Magic parent training courses. There are not currently any planned for the near future however it is something that we hope to be able to do in the future.
  • This programme is simple yet very effective.

Parent Sensory Training at Armistead Child Development Centre

  • Contact [email protected] or 01382 835137 / 835141
  • You can also self-refer to OT at Armistead just give them a call. This may or may not be something that your child needs support with, but this course is free. If you suspect that your child has sensory processing issues.   You can also self-refer to Occupational Therapy for assessment if your child struggles with daily tasks such as tying their shoe laces, etc.


  • Your child should have an ABLe plan in place at school that is reviewed regularly. Also, if it is required your child should have a Child’s plan in place. Please see below explanations of these plans from the Dundee City Council Website. In Angus it is an IEP or Pupil Profile instead of an ABLe plan. Talk directly the ASN support staff at your child’s school for further information.

The ABLe Plan

  • ABLe provides a possible format for recording information gathered and interventions planned. It focuses on strengths, barriers to learning, the impact of these barriers on learning and how these barriers will be addressed. This format and the terminology used is consistent with the Code of Practice for the assessment of Additional Support Needs under Scottish legislation.
  • Dundee city Education Department have allowed parents access to the ABLe planning website.
  • The website is www.ableschools.org.uk

 The Child’s Plan

  • A ‘Team Around the Child’ (TATC) meeting to draw up the Child’s Plan will be held and should include parents, the child or young person and any other professionals e.g. health, social work or voluntary agencies who may provide support. In most cases, the plan will identify some targets for the child or young person’s learning. If a child also has an ABLe Plan, this can be attached and referred to in their Child’s Plan. The individualised plans and the targets set within them will be formally reviewed at least once a year.

  • Some plans will be reviewed more frequently depending on the young person’s progress. Parents should always be involved in the review of their child's plan and should receive a copy.

GLOW Accounts

  • Your child or young person will be using a Glow account in school. They will have a password for their account which they can use to access it. If your child is in secondary school this will include the lessons they have received, homework and other school information. Your young person’s guidance teacher should be able to help you with the information they need to access it, with them.

Mediation Services

  • If the relationship between yourself and school breaks down, then Common Ground Mediation are the service that can support you through this time. They are used to facilitate meetings between yourselves and the school.
  • https://www.commongroundmediation.co.uk

Enquire – The Scottish Advice Service for Additional Support for Learning


  • We would also advise that any paperwork you have for your child or young person is pulled together in a folder divided into School, CAMHS, OT and any other agencies you may have been involved with for him.  This makes it easier when attending meetings etc to be able to access information quickly. 

Sleep Hygiene

  • To ensure your child is ready to go to bed and sleep it is important to stop them using any form of technology for at least 1hr before you want him to go to bed.  The blue light that comes out of electronic screens destroys the natural melatonin that the body produces, this is the hormone that helps us go to sleep.
  • If your child or young person is having trouble sleeping then speak to either their GP or CAMHS nurse about the options available.

Blue Badge


Other organisations in Dundee that can provide support are;

Other Organisations in Angus that can provide support are;

Other information

In Case of Emergency

Cinema Card

    • If you are in receipt of DLA or PIP for your child or young person, then you can apply for a cinema card. This entitles you to go free as their carer.

    Travelling and Entertainment

      • If you are going on holiday and are travelling by aeroplane, then contact the airport and ask about their special assistance policy. It may mean you don’t have to queue at check in and passport control at both ends of your journey.
      • If you are planning any days out, then check ahead to see if there is a fast pass available if you are likely to have to queue for tickets to rides etc.